Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Being Three!

Aliyah is finally 3! She has been waiting for this day "FOREVER". She woke up to balloons and yummy breakfast. Aliyah kept saying, "Thank you for my balloons" and "thank you for my birthday breakfast".

She was spoiled with having a bubble bath, making a princess crown, and helping me frost her birthday cake.

(A nice boy in nursery decided to give her a black-eye for her birthday)


Just a quick side note, Aliyah and her cousin, Brynlee, had a double birthday party at Papa and Grammy's house. They were so excited for their little party. It is easy to please a three year old.


So, Aliyah is obsessed with the movie Tangled. She talks about it all the time and has wanted a Rapunzel birthday since she saw a birthday cake with a Rapunzel tower on it. Sadly, she had to put up with a simple cake with Tangled figures on it. Aliyah actually told me that her tower was missing. It made up for it when she began rolling the Rapunzel doll in the frosting "grass" and began singing "running and racing, dancing and chasing..." She is adorable.


I decided to really make it a Rapunzel party by sewing her a dress just like Rapunzel. I found a really crazy 80's dress from a thrift store and ripped it up to make her dress. I really wish I would have taken a picture of the before dress, but just imagine rouched sleeves and elastic waistband. It was beautiful, let me tell you.

Here is our princess in her Rapunzel dress with not long, but golden hair.


This girl truly melts our hearts everyday. She has a way of making everyone happy when they are sad or upset. We are blessed to have her in our family and I am so glad she is our little girl. She is my big helper and is always finding ways to help without being asked. She even puts her own dishes in the dishwasher...I am a lucky mom!!

Happy 3rd Birthday, Princess Punkinhead!

No comments: