
Currently Joshua loves cars, dogs, balls, walking--trying to run, pulling hair, tickling others, being outside, playing peek-a-boo, dancing to music, food (anything), and climbing on everything.
He can throw a ball, wave bye-bye, find his own eyes/nose/toes, play pat-a-cake, and will shake his head when we tell him "no".
Joshua's words are: mama, dada, dah (dog), "mmm" after just about every bite he takes, "hi", and "ah, ah, don" (up, up, down).
Our little comic relief:
He will throw himself on the ground to "crash" and will do it over and over until we are done laughing. He makes the silliest faces and loves the giggles he gets when he does it. Also, he loves to tickle. All it takes it telling him "to get" whoever is the target for a tickle and he will take off after them wiggling his fingers and just giggles as he tickles his victim.
Our little love bug:
Joshua gives the best hugs and even includes a little "ah" when giving them. He also loves to give lovely open-mouth, slobbery kisses. He really is such a sweet boy and I love getting his hugs before he goes down for bed.
Our little sleeper:
By this I really mean "little" sleeper. Joshua has given me 5...yes, 5 full nights of sleep since he was born. It is getting better, but he does not just whimper and fall back asleep. He screams at the top of his lungs! Thankfully, someday it will all pass and I am sure I will have plenty of other things to lose sleep over with this little guy.
Our curious explorer:
Joshua quickly learns about the world. He definitely just wants to make sure he understands everything around him. He loves the toilet, trash, stairs and anything else that makes me go crazy. I caught him plunging the toilet one day. It literally takes him one time of watching something to be able to perform it himself. He is constantly climbing on things and his head often is black and blue from his adventures.
Going way back, I think about the hour of screaming Joshua did when he was born. He definitely will let us know when he is mad, hurt, uncomfortable...but he also is a very loving child. He was so precious in those first moments just like he is now.

1 week:

1 month:

2 months:

3 months:

4 months:

5 months:

6 months:

7 months:

8 months:

9 months:

10 months:

11 months:

1 year:

We love you Joshua! You are truly a blessing to this family.
1 comment:
I hadn't checked your blog since Thanksgiving! Therefore many comments to come... First of all, loved seeing you guys for Thanksgiving. Your Christmas looked and sounded so precious. I bet you'll miss those small, intimate Christmases someday when Aliyah and Joshua aren't quite as young and sweet! :) Loved Aliyah's Christmas dress. It's beautiful. I'm so happy (also jealous) that you got to go see the Celtic Women. I'm sure it was amazing. Joshua looked so happy on his birthday! I loved seeing all the pictures of his first year. Such a handsome guy! And last of all, we miss you!
Post a Comment