Wednesday, September 21, 2011

She Likes...

This little princess loves...

Singing, dancing, discovering how things work, being right by mommy's side cooking, right by daddy's side fixing or building something, playing with all her friends, coloring, drawing all her favorite people, mommy preschool, reading books after books, being with Joshua, taking walks, playing at the park, going to nursery ("her class" as she calls it), cleaning with mommy...


She also is very adventurous and has tried a lot of new foods that I am unsure I would have tried at her age. Daddy brought home fish he caught and she wanted to help hold, clean, and eat it. I say she is brave. I wanted nothing to do with looking that thing in the face. Aliyah even thought she was supposed to eat the eyeball. Yuck! She seemed to like the meat though. We even had some friends do a crawdad boil and she played with those things like they were toys--no thanks to our friends encouraging her. I love that she tries it at least. Now if I could get her less picky with simple foods.


I had a huge desire to get a preschool together for her and her friends, but everyone else was unable to do it, so she is left with mommy school. She loves learning her numbers, letters, shapes, colors and such. Everyday she asks, "Can I do my work now?" She is a smart girl and I am always impressed with what she already understands.


I couldn't have asked for a more responsible oldest child. She is so helpful with Joshua and always wants to be helping me. She entertains him so well when I need a minute to get things together for dinner or such. Aliyah can get Joshua to laugh or smile more than Jason and I can. They had an automatic love for each other.


I can tell we are nearing age 3 because the word "why" is often heard here in our house. Also, because she throws so many fits over the littlest things. It is all for her discovering her independence which I appreciate but so long for her to slowly find out.

No comments: