She wants to be all over the house if only she could scoot or crawl. I am actually really grateful that she can only roll around for now. I can't imagine the things she could find around this house. She is always squirming to get out of our arms to get something and she is getting to be a handful recently.

We have had such nice weather this past week so we have been outside as much as possible. We will take our walks around the park, watch the squirrels playing in the trees, and go out on our balcony to blow bubbles. She has also loved watching and babbling to the dogs that live around us.She is still my shy little girl though. If we go to someone's house or someone else holds her she just stares. They all think she is such a sweet, quiet little thing, but at home she really is quite loud and even whiny at times.
I think Aliyah likes her crib so much that she acts tired just so I can put her in it for a nap. I will go in and see if she is really asleep and occasionally she will be singing to herself and playing. It is just so cute, but could drive me nuts as well.
One day I had put her in her crib and I peeked in to make sure she was sleeping and I just saw legs kicking in the air. She had turned around and was singing quietly.

When she finally fell asleep, she had covered her head with the blanket that was at the bottom of the crib. She really likes to sleep this way, but it scares me at times.

We had Aliyah's six month appointment this past week and she was not at all happy with the doctor. She has such issues with strangers and separation anxiety lately. He was trying to be playful and let her play with the light and such, but she wouldn't buy into it. She screamed until he left the room. Too bad she hadn't even had her immunizations done by that time.
She is now 15 lbs 5 oz, and just over 27 inches. Because she didn't even gain a pound within the last two months, the doctor suggested getting more solids in her. She is loving sweet potatoes just like her mommy!
I also had a great experience a week ago to listen to Sister Julie Beck (LDS General Relief Society President) speak to our regional area. She had a lot of great wisdom and encouragement, but the one thing that I loved most was her thoughts on our responsibilities as women. She said that the greatest skill we can gain especially as mothers is the ability to receive the inspirations of the Holy Ghost. I hope to be able to work harder in this area so I can be a blessing to my family.
3 comments:
she is absolutely too much of a doll! how fun she is getting to be! about her not gaining weight, she is as tall as claire, so i bet she was just stretching out a bit. :) she sure looks strong!! oh, i just LOVE her to pieces!
She is darling! I can't believe she's already 6 months! And how lucky to get to hear Sister Beck. She's my favorite.
Ok, quit complaining about your baby singing quietly to herself when she's suppose to be napping! That is so cute. I wish Camden would do that instead of scream at me that he needs his blankie and paci. She looks likes she's concentrating very hard on the ball popper. It's so funny!
Post a Comment