
So, our May started with quite the excitement. Aliyah and Joshua got rather sick and were put on antibiotics. They continued to get worse, and Joshua was crying all the time and refused to sleep or eat. We took him to the emergency room since it was a Sunday, and after hours of test, we found he had RSV. Luckily, we had caught it so early that he only needed to be monitored at home and wouldn't need to be hospitalized.
We were grateful to have that pass from us and enjoy warmer weather, a trip to Utah, and just play. Aliyah and Joshua have just grown to love each other more and more. They are a hoot to watch together. Aliyah smothers him including laying on top of him, giving him so many hugs and kisses, and patting his bald head. He returns the love by pulling her hair...all the time! They really love to laugh and roll around on the floor together.

I just love having two kids and I am sure it gets more fun with a house full of them. I have so much fun watching them interact. They sure make me smile!
Aliyah has officially named Joshua, "chippy-chippy". Not sure how it came about, but she always tells people, "He is my chippy, chippy". So, it has stuck and he loves his new name.
We had a fun day of hiding under the dining room table because Aliyah informed me that Joshua was a monster. As we were hiding, she said that he was hungry and would eat us. I asked her what we should do. She began reaching on the floor and pretending to throw something at him. I asked her what she was doing, and she responded with, "I am giving him cake!" It saved us alright. He decided to not eat us. Thank goodness!
Joshua is growing like crazy. He is so heavy and active. I am afraid for when he is actually crawling and walking. He already is into everything that is within reach. He is rolling over and sitting up by himself. Joshua has come to love the world around him. He discovers everything...and I mean everything...through taste.

Everyone we are in contact with want to pinch his cheeks and thighs. They are so adorable!

Aliyah has taken over the mommy position. I am now just the maid! Haha. But she really loves helping with whatever she can; especially, feeding cereal to Joshua. I think he enjoys it just as much. He just giggles when she comes at him with the spoon.

The end result. Completely covered in food, but happy!

Aliyah is growing just as fast as Joshua. She worked really hard to earn her own tricycle. She has loved using it practically daily this summer.

She is saying silly things all the time. A few of her new sayings are:
Me: Aliyah do you like your food?
Aliyah: Um, not really.
There was even a moment that everything was spicy, or so she says. She started picking out all the spices in her spaghetti sauce because it was "too spicy".
Although she does tell me every now and again: "You make really good food, mommy."
Whenever she wants something and we have none she responds with, "let's go and get more at the store, okay?"
"Hey my big boy!" - always how she greets Joshua
When something is frustrating she says, "oh, come on."
They are just too much fun. I hope they love each other as much as they do now.
1 comment:
I love all her cute little sayings! Especially, oh come on. lol, i can just imagine. Little Joshua is such a little chunky lover!
Post a Comment