Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Our New Addition!

Joshua Anton Winkel arrived January 8th healthy and maybe not so happy at first, but is all smiles now (honestly I haven't seen a newborn smile so much and laugh as early as he did). He weighed 6 lbs 10 oz., 20 inches long, and is just perfect.

It was a great labor and delivery. I was contracting before they even had to begin the induction, which made me completely excited. He came at 4:37 am and I was able to hold him for a long time, which I was grateful since Aliyah was taken from my arms so quickly to the NICU.

Jason and I were a little nervous at first since Joshua screamed for an hour straight after birth. We assumed we would never get a minute of sleep again. Luckily, after expressing his frustrations he has been little squeaks and soft cries ever since.


Aliyah set eyes on this little guy and hasn't taken them off since. She is such a little mommy to him. He is gong to have to put up with a lot of smothering. Poor kid!


Our family of four.



Like I said, she can't get enough of him, and she loves to smother him.




So, I am trying to figure out this whole two child life and just as proof that it can be difficult I was changing Joshua and found Aliyah had covered her eyebrow with makeup. That has been the calmest of my findings with her. Oh the joys of motherhood.

Isn't he handsome?!



Joshua at 1 week old. I can't believe how much he has changed already. He even looks so different from these pictures, so I suppose I better get on taking more of him.



Even though he made not have noticeable eyebrows, he still has the same eyebrow power of his sister.


We are sure in love with this little guy. I am trying to take in these first precious moments since I know how quickly they pass by.

7 comments:

Camilla said...

Oh Andrea! CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you! He is absolutely perfect and so handsome! I bet you are just so happy and proud! What a cute mom you are. I hope to see him before he's walking around! Enjoy cuddling that sweet baby!

Cindi~Chad said...

Congrats! I'm so glad he made it here safe and sound. Good luck with balancing out two kids. It gets easier. By the way, he is way adorable.

Anonymous said...

He's soo handsome! I'm so glad that everything went so well! Aliyah is a cute big sister! Congratulations, Andrea!!

Heatherbelle said...

So Cute!!! Congrats! I agree with Cindi. I think after the first few weeks, it gets easier because you already know what you are doing the second time around! :)
Aliyah is getting so big! She is just beautiful as well!

Andrea :) said...

Congratulations! He looks so cute! Keep on taking pictures and sleeping whenever possible. ;)

The Days said...

He's a handsome little man! Thanks for posting pics! Congrats!

Becky said...

Congrats!! He is a handsome little guy!