Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Monsters and Pumpkins

Okay, so I know I am well behind but I better post Halloween before Christmas is here. These days have been flying by for me and actually I wouldn't mind if they slowed down. I realized that I have less than two months before this baby is here. Where does the time go?

For Halloween festivities we started off with a Family Home Evening of carving pumpkins, caramel apples, and a whole lot of laughing. Aliyah tried feeding me raw pumpkin many times and she was so excited about the finished pumpkins.




We had a church trunk-or-treating along with a chili cook-off. We weren't able to get any great pictures there, but got one of Aliyah before it got crazy.


Since that was about all I got from that night, I made her dress up again to get a shot of her as "Boo" from Monster's Inc. I decided that since I had a nice round tummy I could do a little something around that, and then it turned into a theme. I ended up being Mike Wazowski and even though Aliyah isn't dark-haired, she was still adorable. The only way I convinced her to wear it was telling her it was a monster outfit...she loves monsters (they are nice and always knock on our door according to her).



Even though it all turned out fun and cute, I am so taking it simple next year. That was just too much work for one night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, she is the CUTEST little Boo ever! and I love your mike costume! You look fantastic!

Camilla said...

Oh my goodness Andrea! You are so clever! What a darling idea! That Boo costume is so adorable. You are amazing!

Troy and Emily said...

So CUTE! Can't wait to see the two of you in 11 days! Wahoo!!!

Joshua and Jenny said...

Adorable! Guessing from the perfect accuracy of the "Boo" costume, I'm assuming you had to watch Monsters Inc a few times so you could get it just right. Not a bad excuse to watch a great movie! You guys both look so cute. Weird that Aliyah likes monsters, though! See you SOON!

McKell H. Costa said...

You two are SO cute! Mikey LOVES Monsters! Hope all is well!