Tuesday, April 20, 2010

18 months!

Aliyah turned 18 months which means she is officially in nursery. She seems to like it and loves the idea of playing instead of sitting on our laps quietly.

She had her 18 month doctor's appointment and is healthy and happy (only because it is over). She screamed and kicked when getting measured, was terrified of having her ears checked and showed it by pushing the doctor's hand away, and tried ripping out the needle when the immunizations were given. They said they often see this fear, but not accompanied by so much strength. I am so glad that is over and hopefully these fears will ease up as she gets older.

She now weighs: 19 lbs 14 oz and is 31 1/4 inches.

Her more recent words are:
park, walk, milk, bubbles, kitty, book, star, dance, play, pop, happy, down, bath



I caught a moment of her singing. She loves "Popcorn Popping", "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". She now can do all the hand motions for them, but this time she was still trying to figure them out. I love her little singing voice.




We have hot-air balloons fly often around our area and Aliyah loves watching them from the window.


(this one made me nervous by flying so close to the homes below)


We have such great people around us and we sure miss our friends from our old ward. We try to visit friends every once in a while to keep in touch. Aliyah was invited to a birthday party for one of our friend's little girl. She loved wearing the lady bug antennas and eating cupcakes. We had such a great time.

Here is the party girl!


She is getting so big and SO independent. We sure love her and are grateful for all she teaches us!

2 comments:

Camilla said...

I can't believe she's that big! She is darling, and I love reading about her little (big!) personality. She's lucky to have such a great mom. :)

Troy and Emily said...

Come visit! She's getting so big and I need to see her! Dang cute pictures!